We are networking with prominent franchise or sales professionals with the goal of obtaining candidate referrals or recommendations. Capodice & Associates has been retained to conduct a priority executive search for an experienced Franchise Attorney/General Counsel for a franchise business within a cutting edge medical industry. The candidate profile is summarized as follows:
Franchise Attorney/General Counsel
Base salary, Benefits
Responsible for providing franchise with legal counsel and handling a variety of commercial matters and business transactions. Management of all legal issues that might impact franchise system, including but not limited to following all USA franchisees registration protocols, manage the franchise disclosure documentation required by the Federal Trade Commission, and create, draft, and review all contracts negotiated. Support SR. level executives board with advising on legal, financial, and HR matters.
State Bar of North Carolina REQUIRED
State Bar of South Carolina preferred
Skills & Experience:
- Update and advise management on the status of litigation, claims, and other significant legal matters.
- Assist in developing and driving litigation strategy for franchises in North America.
- Drafting franchise and Multi Unit Operator Agreements. Draft legal documents/amendments.
- Coordinate with SR. Level executives and internal experts on franchising, intellectual property, data privacy, marketing, HR, and other matters.
- Develop and maintain a library of forms of commercial and technology related legal documents, ensuring they reflect best practices and appropriate legal requirements.
- Review contracts and redline accordingly.
- Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) reviews and modifications
- Stay apprised of applicable privacy related laws and regulations.
- Protect the franchisor’s confidential information and trade agreements
- Structure and provide final review of commercial contracts (e.g., vendor, real estate, licensing, consulting, and other commercial agreements).
- Reviewing and negotiating all documents with respect to business and real estate sales, acquisitions, leases and amendments.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating leases, contracts, letters of intent, memoranda of understanding, and agreements for the purchase of franchised and leases.
- Responsible for counseling the business on a wide range of commercial and regulatory compliance matters (e.g., intellectual property, privacy, and training on compliance issues and company policies and procedures).
- Support preparation and maintenance of agreements relating to various global franchise, joint-venture, and other trademark assignments, licenses and related agreements, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Able to innovate, analyze and solve problems with minimal supervisory input, anticipating and identifying legal and other business risks and making recommendations to management, as appropriate
- Solid understanding of business goals and legal and regulatory landscape
Qualified candidates may contact me at 941-906-1990 or email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. I would greatly appreciate it if you could forward this profile to any colleagues who may be suitable for this opportunity Thank you in advance for your referrals and recommendations.
Capodice & Associates Ranked Among America’s Top Executive Search Firm By Forbes
Share this Opening: